Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Lucy In The Sky With.........

On April 19, 1943, Dr. Albert Hofmann dosed  himself with 0.25 mg of d-lysergic acid diethylamide tartrate, which he had accidentally ingested a few days earlier, and took his storied bike ride through the streets of Basel, Switzerland. A generation later the substance, abbreviated as LSD, fueled a cultural revolution despite criminalization in 1965. (LSD's social history can be read in Jay Stevens's 1987 Storming Heaven.) The most potent of all psychedelics, LSD is usually ingested orally on blotter paper frequently festooned with cultural icons. While the typical late-'60s tripper probably took around 250 mg of acid, the average strength of the hits sold in recent years, known to old-timers as "disco doses," is less than half that. LSD embodies a potentially infinate array of effects, ranging from mild sensory distortions to peak religious experiences.   It is essentially a boundary-dissolving, experience-enhancing substance-as with most psychedelics, the effects are tied to the mind-set of the user and the setting in which it is ingested.

Trailer for the movie Pi consume LSD and watch this movie.

22 comments:

  1. I remember reading about this, but never saw a video of what he was actually like while on the stuff, interesting and sort of freaky all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LSD helped produce some killer music over the years

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta watch the film Pi - the whole idea is gripping and seems false, but put into practice makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creepy trailer, LSD is pretty intense :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. LSD pretty much defined an era. thanks for the trailer, will try find the movie looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crazy stuff that LSD. I hate how dealers try and dilute the stuff so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting, I really should watch the movie. I've always been curious about LSD, I've never had a hallucination so I don't know how it feels like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting point. I had some friends in high school who dropped acid quite a bit. They are all still working at Subway also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you know the guy who found out about DNA was high on LSD?

    ReplyDelete
  10. how the world would be if LSD was legal...mmmmm cool yet very scary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too wigged out to try LSD. I'll stick with bud.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Storming Heaven? I want to read that now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Without LSD music would be much less interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i watched pi like 3 months ago..i have to say it got me confused for like 1 week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonder what LSD was used for before that trip

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't seen this one yet, I'll have to check it out! I've never taken LSD personally but I have a friend who used to do it every day. And after seeing that video I have to say, stay away kids ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tried watching Pi, but I couldn't get into it. Also, where I live, you can't get LSD.

    ReplyDelete